Sunday, February 19, 2012

take a tour through Reykjavik with me

This was the beautiful view of Mt. Esja from my bathroom window in the hostel.

The view from inside a little cafe where I would order hot tea or coffee to 
warm up before braving the outdoors again.  Not much snow in this picture.

A view in the downtown area
I like this mural next to our hostel, though I have no idea what it says.

A good view of the Hallgrimskirkja, the national cathedral, where I enjoyed a beautiful though incomprehensible Christmas Eve concert.
A further view of the Hallgrimskirkja
Just starting to trudge away from the hostel into the town
Reykjavik is a really charming and picturesque little city.  This was snapped during the ~4 hours of daylight.
I adore this little fountain with a bridge.
Still more snow
A square downtown
Walking down onto the main shopping street, catching the last few minutes of daylight
Quirky Cafe Babalu, where I enjoyed a Christmas dinner with other clueless travelers who didn't realize all the shops would be closed.
A view from the harbor
This is my favorite photo, a view of Harpa, the Concert Hall.
The view from inside Harpa
Good night, Reykjavik!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to add your thoughts here.